Bikes for rich kids?

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
not many people can afford that little performance in such a heavy package! ;-) :D

db692f54_ray-liotta-laughing-in-goodfellas(2).jpeg

You said, "heavy package" huh huh huh.

Seriously though, you both are about right. Take the word kids out. Just about every snapshot I took last year for the nearest HOG chapter was old white men.

Reminds me back when I found my 99 Electraglide in the attic of a dealership back in 2004. I had a pal tell me I was not old enough to have a Harley back then.

Considering I am jonesing for either a MT-10 or FJR1300 - I still may not be old enough to own a Harley.:cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
I really enjoyed the 48 I test rode, just didn't fit it.... But the cost of them vs the usefulness of them (in the UK with the type of riding I do) is just not in the ballpark.
Ooo, the MT10 is meant to be a beast @R-Rated :)

Reactions: R-Rated

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
View attachment 3111

You said, "heavy package" huh huh huh.

Seriously though, you both are about right. Take the word kids out. Just about every snapshot I took last year for the nearest HOG chapter was old white men.

Reminds me back when I found my 99 Electraglide in the attic of a dealership back in 2004. I had a pal tell me I was not old enough to have a Harley back then.

Considering I am jonesing for either a MT-10 or FJR1300 - I still may not be old enough to own a Harley.:cool:
It frustrates me. I would love to own a bike that looked that good. I love the new engine. But but that price is offensive. And this Minimalist propaganda bullshit pisses me off. It is not a lean mean machine. It's a bike that has single disk brakes no windshield, a crap seat, no storage of any kind, poor two up option, and cost more than a Yamaha that has all those things and better shocks!

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
not many people can afford that little performance in such a heavy package! ;-) :D

I did that bike safe thing and one Harley was in tow.

The copper said that we’re to do some twisties

“You on the gixxer, 70/80 you’ll get into second”
“You on the kTM, no wheelies”
“You on the Harley, here’s a map, catch up when you can”

Last edited:

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
I did that bike safe thing and one Harley was in tow.

The copper said that we’re to do some twisties

“You on the gixxer, 70/80 you’ll get into second”
“You on the kTM, no wheelies”
“You on the Harley, here’s a map, catch up when you can”
They do have good qualities though. They are low. Easy to hop on. Very very easy to handle at low speeds even though they r big bikes. The engines pull from almost any gear at any speed. But the price for a very ridable bike is crazy.

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
They only do low speeds (in 6th) that’s why.

I’d have more fun in a library, reading Watership down while a cleaner is banging my feet with a hoover

I AM DYING OVER HERE!:Do_O

Yeah, a lot of folks really don't push the Harleys to its limits. A few do though and we scrape up stuff. Then we get told we are riding them wrong.

What makes me scratch my head are the guys dumping money into stage whatthefuhever kits and still not able to go over the BCM limit of 105 mph. Why spend thousands just to still hit the same speed limit they had as stock? Sure the bike is "louder" but really?

Yes, I still love my POS Electraglide. It has my stink on it now but dang I would love it to beat 110 mph easier and handle tighter.

R-Rated

Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
My right side board at 74k miles. The floorboard scraped down enough that I was touch the mount (not ideal) so I added the wear peg and have ground it down a little in 6 months. At least I am not grind the mount (for now).

One would think at $28k, the bike would have this from the factory. Yamaha and other have wear tabs on their boards.

20180307_195148.jpg

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
My right side board at 74k miles. The floorboard scraped down enough that I was touch the mount (not ideal) so I added the wear peg and have ground it down a little in 6 months. At least I am not grind the mount (for now).

One would think at $28k, the bike would have this from the factory. Yamaha and other have wear tabs on their boards.

View attachment 3112
Yeah, my v star has them

Reactions: R-Rated

burlyjack

The bearded dude with a cool YouTube
Oct 10, 2015
Oklahoma, USA
I ride a
2004 Honda VTX 1300
It depends on what you want, you can scoop up an older Heritage or Dyna for relatively cheap. But if you're wanting a brand new bike then yeah, lol it's ridiculous. I've got my eyes set on an 04 Heritage Anniversary edition for $6500. The guy barely rode and it's clean as a whistle. Just don't know if I can afford another payment at the moment since I had to get a new truck

Reactions: Mr. G

Mr. G

Essential G
Nov 19, 2017
I ride a
V-Star 1300
It depends on what you want, you can scoop up an older Heritage or Dyna for relatively cheap. But if you're wanting a brand new bike then yeah, lol it's ridiculous. I've got my eyes set on an 04 Heritage Anniversary edition for $6500. The guy barely rode and it's clean as a whistle. Just don't know if I can afford another payment at the moment since I had to get a new truck
Can you do basically maintenance yourself?

Reactions: burlyjack

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts