Bike Lift for Garage

scottrod

Wannabie Member
May 15, 2018
I ride a
Harley Davidson V Rod
Hey guys!

Anyone have and use a bike lift in their garage?

What make is it and your view on it?

Im after buying one for the new place and would like some personal feedback if any on what you use.

Cheers :D

Reactions: R-Rated

lupin

2016 Solar Bear Champion.
Jul 5, 2015
Australia
www.imlupz.com
I ride a
FZ1N
I'm looking at a few at the moment. You need to work out if you want air or hydraulic for starters.

Most seem to be rated for at least 450kg so that's enough for most bikes.

I've noticed the cheaper ones dont have much in the way of a mechanism to keep them from falling. Its just normally a bar that you slide in.

its going to come down to how much you want to spend and how much you are going to use it.

I need one for a project that might take a good year to complete, however the money spent on a lift is money that can't be spent on said project.

For $4-500 you can get a decent lift for home use. You just need to work out how good of a one you need.

scottrod

Wannabie Member
May 15, 2018
I ride a
Harley Davidson V Rod
Converting $ into £ I want to spend around the same.

I will have a compressor so air seems a good option.

Thanks for the safety bar tip.. I'll look out for that!

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Many years ago I got a Pitbull brand scissor lift. It works great! I am not sure if the are still around or sell them in your part of the world.

HeyItsRick

MotoRickyRicardo
Apr 6, 2018
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2017 Harley Davidson Iron 833
I've got a pretty cheap scissor lift from Amazon, chinese-made by Baishite. It's rated to 1100 lbs and has a footprint of about 18 inches x 11 inches. Super small but works well enough for my sportster. I paid $58.99 USD for it, it won't be a heartbreak should it start failing on me.
Space is pretty limited in my garage/shed and I'm not doing anything crazy so this has worked out well for me so far.

Reactions: scottrod
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SOGGY BAWS Off Topic Chat 9