Best Gear For Skinny Guys

Elixar17

Wannabie Member
Apr 17, 2013
I ride a
no Bike
hey all,

i was looking around at buying a proper set leather jackets and pants for riding in but i am tall and very thin (haven't filled out yet since still young) and all of the stuff i tried on seemed to be way to loose. so what is a good brand or good set of gear for me?

cheers!

RowanOn2Wheels

Wannabie Member
May 4, 2013
Queensland, Australia
I ride a
2013 Honda CBR500RA Tri-colour
Most brands like Dainese and Alpinestars do both a 'relaxed fit' and also some skinner 'European cut' styled leathers. I would visit Revzilla's website for a few hours to get an idea of the fit, read the customer reviews in each products page there, and then go around and try on some stuff with your new-found knowledge.

mytheral

Wannabie Member
Apr 5, 2013
Baltimore, MD
I ride a
Ninja 500R
Rev'its European cut has worked well for me... 5"8' and 140lbs (1.73m and 63kg)
Just a heads up that a lot of the classic European brands are bringing out a lot of American cut offerings this year so make sure you watch that revzilla video as they generally call that out.

Reactions: iMotoPilot

JollyRoger

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Ottawa
I ride a
2002 R6
The best thing you can do with fit is try some gear on in a store. There are so many different styles, sizes and changes between the brands so get an idea of what you want buy online (if that is what you want).

Elixar17

Wannabie Member
Apr 17, 2013
I ride a
no Bike
So lewis94iify what gear go you wear? Just curious or what other stuff fitted you alright?

66shinobi

Wannabie Member
Jul 24, 2011
liverpool
I ride a
honda CBF125
some of the rst range goes quite slim. pants go down to a 28 inch waist which are good enough for me. cant remember what size my rst jacket is but I wear an xs in tshirts and it fits perfectly. if you want a more casual approach draggin jeans also go down to a 28" waist.

JenniferBroodman

Wannabie Member
Aug 26, 2013
I ride a
CAR
I always prefer to buy and wear pink stitch clothes...They are not only comfortable but affordable also..Clothes should be cozy and wearable too...
:) :)...

Triple Demon

Wannabie Member
Dec 17, 2013
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2013 Triumph Street Triple
I ride with an Icon overlord jacket it's pretty comfortable once broken in feels sturdy and isn't as expensive as some of the other stuff

MichaelFite

Wannabie Member
Feb 10, 2014
I ride a
2009 Harley-Davidson XR1200
I think Alpinestars is really fit for your choice. I rather like leather style aka ''European cut"

iMotoPilot

Wannabie Member
May 7, 2014
San Antonio, TX
I ride a
2002 Honda VFR800A
wiry
adjective\ˈwī(-ə)r-ē\
: very thin but strong and muscular
: stiff like wire

I'm in the same boat. My slim build has me between a 40 and 42 jacket (Euro 50-52), slightly smaller than a standard medium jacket and pants are either fit me baggy or too short. Like Mytheral said, I've had much luck with Rev'it. European cuts seam to suit me better. Not sure if most of you wear any under layers (under armor) but that seems to help with the fit and comfort too. Find a good seamstress/tailor in your area, you would be surprised what magic they can help with.

CeigeOnWheels

Wannabie Member
May 7, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
I ride a
CBR125R
at 6" 130lbs(180cm 60kg)I own a torque leather jacket(aldi brand) size small and kevlar jeans and it fits pretty well if I have a jumper under it. the best tip is going to your local shop bike and trying to find
Im looking for a one piece for track days but I have yet to find one with decent fit. But then I dont fit in anything resembling a slim cut in jeans either so my fit is a bit More difficult. :shrug:

Lurch

Administrator
May 5, 2014
Yorkshire
I ride a
2016 Street Triple R and a 1999 Honda NT650V Deauville
I thought I was a lightweight at 80kg (6'2") and skinny...

I have a 33" inside leg and I found the problem was the trousers/pants, but Hein Gericke (RIP) did a range where you could buy and extra long version. Don't know if you can get HG over there, but in the UK one chain bought the rest of their stock to sell, may be worth a look if it is available.

zordflea

I'm boring to watch...
Apr 28, 2014
Victoria BC, Canada
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2010 Ducati Multistrada 1200
I'm not joking here, but try some of the women's sizes. Some brands have textile jackets that are very neutral in design, but the women's cut will be more fitting for a slim build. I'm 5'6" and 145lbs, so I sometimes have the same problems.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts