Baja Desert & Enduro Ride

Arctic Pride

L Plate Member
Mar 3, 2014
I ride a
lot of different things
Hey all, was able to head out on another cool ride this time down in Baja. I had never ridden the desert like this before and was really loving it by the end of the day. Such a huge difference in bike handling through these conditions.

As always I have lots of footage so stick around for the videos, just takes forever to edit decently.

While flying in around dusk I got a nice birds eye view of the mountains/riding areas and I knew it would be good...

DSC_0742-01_zpskkcfctrd.jpg

We started out with a few days of relaxing with the ladies (as you never know who's coming back from these things!), enjoying the sunsets and single handedly driving up the share price of Corona.

DSC_0679-01_zpshllcwi9b.jpg

DSC_0678-01_zps0mbzwcmq.jpg

Ride day was with www.bajaride.com, Fabrico is a cool guy and easy to work with. A bud and I secured 2 CRF 450 X's (a bike I've wanted to ride for a while) and linked up with a 3rd rider. They definitely organize the tours with riding ability kept in mind which is great.

We started off right into the high speed soft sand roads which surprisingly had a decent amount of traffic similar to Indonesia and a TON of livestock just roaming where ever. Many cows would be hiding in the thick brush and jump out in front of the bikes. A very pucker worthy moment I'll have you know

cowsride_zpsmakz2nw0.jpg

First stop was a pretty nice site to see!

DSC_0689-01_zpsvzxqcmcv.jpg

After that we b-lined it straight for some lunch on the water

DSC_0692-01_zpsb2ego2xc.jpg

DSC_0701-01_zpsbz8r9x2u.jpg

DSC_0693_zpssx1efqy8.jpg

Lord of the flies anyone?

DSC_0694-01_zpsd4tyhrqe.jpg

After lunch we headed into the hills, not necessarily the tightest riding but the consequences for cross rutting or having the front end wash was HUGE. 100+ foot drops edge to edge, definitely had to talk myself out of riding tight, the videos should help highlight this
smirk.gif

ledge1_zpskyf7rvml.jpg

We stopped at a nice peak for the view and it was definitely worth it...

DSC_0723_zpstir6ao1v.jpg

DSC_0715-01_zpsyq78nsxi.jpg

DSC_0710_zpsti1onlji.jpg

Good day of riding, already thinking about going back plus it was great riding the 450X (I believe mine was an 06)

The CRF's motor was fantastic, lug it, rev it, whatever the power was always there. Other than that I will also say its hard to gauge these bikes on tours especially when they have been ridden for a long time, I'd definitely be interested in riding a fully setup one.

Anyone know if those are green sticker in CA?

dandoolittle

Site owner, lovely and adorable
Feb 9, 2013
United Kingdom
www.seomers.com
I ride a
Suzuki GSXR 1000 L5
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7 track/race bike
Kawasaki ZX6R 98 race bike
MiniMotos
Those are some wicked pictures fella!

I hope you don't mind but I've put this in the touring section but if you disagree I will move it back :)

Brilliant day by the looks of it?

Reactions: Arctic Pride

Arctic Pride

L Plate Member
Mar 3, 2014
I ride a
lot of different things
Thanks! The ride was great, awesome day. Already thinking about heading down for a multi day as there are a number of good contacts down there in the off-road world.

Reactions: dandoolittle

Mr fish

It's not what , it's how
Dec 18, 2014
London
I ride a
Honda CB500X
Great photos ..always wanted to ride baja ..maybe one day. :)

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts