Audio recording device?

VetBiker

Wannabie Member
Sep 26, 2021
I ride a
Harley Road Glide and Triumph Bonnie
I have started using a Zoom H1N audio recorder and running a mic into the helmet, it give me a seperate audio file and I have been burned by GoPro . Is there anyone else using a similar set up? My audio is much clearer to me, and much easier to sync for editing.

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Both have the pros and cons. If you don't do multiple stops and starts then a separate device recording audio can work.

But if there are many stops and starts or more than one camera - GoPro with a remote works much better.

Reactions: YBGuy

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
2005 RC51, and a 2004 Honda CBR1000RR
You'll get better quality audio doing it this way, but if you can get the GoPro audio to be reliable, then it is a lot simpler and reduces editing time. And with a good setup, the GoPro audio can be great quality.
Agreed!! GoPro Hero 4 with the Purple Panda all the way. I sacrifice some video quality for better audio and ease of use.

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
2005 RC51, and a 2004 Honda CBR1000RR
I'v tried using a Sony Voice Recorder ICD-PX Series with an Interphone Pro Sound Microphone but it did not really work out because of what was mentioned earlier, too many cuts in my video plus the microphone is mono so I needed to do some post editing to make that work as well.

Reactions: Drakhen99

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Agreed!! GoPro Hero 4 with the Purple Panda all the way. I sacrifice some video quality for better audio and ease of use.
I used a Hero4 with a mic to record the audio portion of the Icky Roarick collaboration with Sebastian. The remote started and stopped both cameras within a split second.

Reactions: YBGuy
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
thelensman General Discussion 6

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts