TheViking

The Viking Biker
Mar 21, 2018
Bedfordshire, UK
www.TheVikingBiker.co.uk
I ride a
Harley Davidson Sportster Iron 883
Hi All.
I just wondered if anyone had used any type of audio enhancement for their vlogs? I see that in Final Cut there is an option for auto audio enhancement and just wondered if anyone had used it or similar?

If so was it worth it? is it noticeable?

HippoDrone

Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
I use Wondershare Filmora to edit my videos, it has an audio enhancer but I only use it when I have no other option as it isn't awesome and adds noise.
Best thing for audio is to remove any noise prior to recording, by mic positioning and use of wind shields and deadcats etc.

TheViking

The Viking Biker
Mar 21, 2018
Bedfordshire, UK
www.TheVikingBiker.co.uk
I ride a
Harley Davidson Sportster Iron 883
No issues as such, just wondered if it improved things.

I’ve got a decent external mic fitted in a reasonably decent location, just waiting for my deadcat to arrive.
I tried final cuts auto enhancement last night and it ruined it, it removed what it thought was noise and certain frequency’s and then lost all bass, exhaust notes and my voice sounds tinny. I’ve since undone it and gone back to my normal unprocessed audio.

scooterwuf

L Plate Member
Jan 6, 2017
Philadelphia/South Jersey
I ride a
Kymco Downtown 300i
I tend to use hiss remover/reducer through Adobe Premiere Pro, then through Adobe Audition I use Normalization and Compression if my voice levels are low, or need a little more warmth. I find that less is more in terms of how much enhancements I use. The more I need the more I realize the original recording is of a poor quality which leads me to consider redoing the sound recording again.

It’s also how you listen to your sound. As I’m getting closer to the finished stages of editing I remove my headphones and listen to my sound though my crappy latop speakers. If it sounds good on that without having to crank up the volume I’ve done a good job of editing the sound.

- Wuf

Reactions: R-Rated

R-Rated

Have Fun!
Aug 4, 2016
Clarksville to Nashville, TN
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
I use Adobe Premiere 15 and there is a setting to let the program go through and balance out any background music, seperate vocal track, and the audio for the videos. You can tell it which you want to be in the foreground and background. There is one bit of bother in that the program sometimes brings up the level of the background a bit too frequent or loud and I have to manually adjust it from there.

Sometimes I might adjust the treble and/or bass in post. Like Scooterwuf, I edit with headphones and then listen to the final through the computer speakers.

Audio can be very challenging.

Reactions: scooterwuf

Top Posters Past 30 days

Winners Video

Want your video here?
Supported by Suffolk SEO who helps maintain this site.

Latest posts