Anyone Ever reboot from Scratch?

nophix

Where's my coffee?
Apr 15, 2012
Stevens Point WI
I ride a
2015 Yamaha FJ-09
So, I;ve had a second channel sitting idle for a while, and it was meant to be a dedicated Moto channel. My main channel is my personal one and is a hodgepodge of everything. I've been slowly moving moto content over to Wisco Moto.

Not that I really had much for subs on the personal channel, but has anyone ever done a full reboot to align the focus of your content? Any advice on what you had to do? How did you gain exposure? I had built-in exposure before because of some other projects I was involved with. Not so much this time. Debating putting a video on the main page to direct to the new one.

Moto Mengy

Motovlogger from PA, USA
Mar 23, 2020
I ride a
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT
I've seen others do it. Sometimes it works out well, and sometimes it ends up ruining the channel. Seems to be a roll of the dice.

Reactions: nophix

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
My current channel is my second channel, my first I gave up on at around the time I started doing motovlogs as it was airsoft videos which took an awful lot of editing and got hardly any views. Knowing what I know now from running Hippo-Drones, I could bring that one back and get it performing a lot better, but I have given up on airsoft, so no point.

Reactions: nophix

LoneWolfer

Lone Wolfer Garage
Jun 1, 2017
Connecticut
www.thelonewolfer.com
I ride a
Harley Nightster, Harley Switchback & Suzuki Savage
I have been considering a soft reboot with a new name as my current moniker doesn't really fit how my life is now. I got married and my wife rides with me a great deal of the time. She doesn't really want to make her own videos but I want her to feel like a part of mine and The Lone Wolfer schtick isn't really conducive to people feeling included.

Apr 6, 2018
I had some random YouTube account that maybe had like 20 subscribers before I ever made content... I guess some must have been friends from an online game or something, anyway, my YouTube account was maybe 5+ years old before I ever started making content on it. Sometimes I wonder if that hurt me. I regret not deleting the account and creating a brand new one that was getting regular uploads right from day 1. If I had a time machine I would change that.

Skipshift

Perpetual Rookie
Aug 23, 2021
Arkansas, USA
www.youtube.com
I ride a
2012 gsxr 600
I had some random YouTube account that maybe had like 20 subscribers before I ever made content... I guess some must have been friends from an online game or something, anyway, my YouTube account was maybe 5+ years old before I ever started making content on it. Sometimes I wonder if that hurt me. I regret not deleting the account and creating a brand new one that was getting regular uploads right from day 1. If I had a time machine I would change that.
In a way I regret not doing the opposite and using my other account to make this channel. The old account was before the restriction on creating a unique address for your channel. So it has the 'youtube.com/yourchannelname' address whereas Skipshift is stuck with random letters and numbers until it reaches the point I can give it a "real" address.

Catch 22 I suppose.

nophix

Where's my coffee?
Apr 15, 2012
Stevens Point WI
I ride a
2015 Yamaha FJ-09
Well, I've done everything but set up the Instagram account so far. That's a whole different world.. lol! I mess with Insta on a pretty basic level. I prefer it over FB, but haven't even scratched the surface of it's features.

Reactions: Skipshift

Apr 6, 2018
Well, I've done everything but set up the Instagram account so far. That's a whole different world.. lol! I mess with Insta on a pretty basic level. I prefer it over FB, but haven't even scratched the surface of it's features.

YouMotorcycle has an Instagram account with 4k subscribers and I don't post anything to Instagram that's YouTube related. Two totally different audiences looking for two totally different things.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tojjer29 General Discussion 6
HippoDrone General Discussion 20

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts