Anglesey Coastal Trackday

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
A mate is trying to bully me into a trackday in the summer... tbh, not needing my arm to be twisted too hard but hoping to try out the Anglesey circuit for the first time. Am waiting to hear back from No Limits Trackdays about my bike and if they'll allow it with no rear end.

Will be pretty cool to put the Guzzi through it's paces once it is finished, should have some less obnoxious exhausts by then too! :)

The V7 at Brands GP:

What it is currently looking like (paint work is not done yet)

EDcase

-=RC8=-
Jan 26, 2016
SouthEast UK
I ride a
KTM RC8 Putytat
I'd love to go but that's way too far for me :(
I'll be doing another (proper) day/evening at Brands sometime soon since my last one was a bit rained out.
DSC0295_low.jpg

Last edited:

EDcase

-=RC8=-
Jan 26, 2016
SouthEast UK
I ride a
KTM RC8 Putytat
Yeah it was great but a bit frustrating that I couldn't open'er up.
They put me in group 3 (advanced inters) which was a bit scary at first but turned out to be just right.

Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
on sportsbikes I tend to go in inters, gonna sit in novice at Anglesey though as the V7 isn't very fast and I don't know the track :)

Reactions: EDcase

EDcase

-=RC8=-
Jan 26, 2016
SouthEast UK
I ride a
KTM RC8 Putytat
I prefer to start slow and build up rather than jump in the deep end and technically I should have gone into novice as it was my first track day so they would assess my riding and move me to the right level.

I imagined I would be comfortable in inters thinking that there were 3 groups (Novice,Inters,Race) but they had 4 groups (Novice, Slow Inters, Fast Inters, Race)
Got thrown in the fast inters on a damp track on my first day :eek: I guess I looked the part :D

Only figured it out after registration by the colour of the sticker. I thought I'd move down after the first session but kinda liked it afterwards even tho I was overtaken on the straights (I didn't want to push the bike too much) I did OK in the corners and even overtook one.

Knowing the track is REALLY important and I watched LOADS of videos Brands so had a good idea of the layout but its soooo different actually being there.

Last edited:

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
after chatting with the TDO, from what they didn't say when I asked and mentioned Youtube etc I am hoping to be able to run a headcam for this.... I bloody hope so, be ace if I can as a chin mounted camera on a trackday would be bloody ace. I'll also run an on bike cam too as the traditional leaning round corners thing is also a good view point too (although the Guzzi don't exactly lean far) :)

Reactions: EDcase

EDcase

-=RC8=-
Jan 26, 2016
SouthEast UK
I ride a
KTM RC8 Putytat
Helmet cams are not allowed on most English tracks so I hope to use a 360 (dome) camera on the bike when I go out.
Not high quality but should offer a different perspective.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HippoDrone Track day and Racers 2

Top Posters Past 30 days

Winners Video

Latest posts