Adobe Premeire

Status
Not open for further replies.

BritishMotovlogger

Wannabie Member
Dec 9, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha YBR
Anyone use it? Should it really take so long to do anything? My first vlog is 7/8 minutes long using the drift in 750p. It is taking 12 minutes just to save to the computer in .AVI or if I want to upload it straight to youtube it will take over half an hour. Rendering takes hours (and Im not even 100% sure what that means) and it takes for ever to do tracking on it... Which didnt even work properly so I had to do it manually :(

But should it really take so long? And the pixelation doesnt even look very good in premiere, I am hoping it looks better once its saved in .AVi...

Alex (britishmotovlogger)

extreme601

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
2011 Tiger 800
Yes it really does take that long. But once you get good with it, it can create results better than anything else. Either develop your techniques and stick with it or try something easier :)

BritishMotovlogger

Wannabie Member
Dec 9, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha YBR
Thanks, also what do you save it in? I tried AVI and it was over a gb of data! I am doing it in .mpg now but I dont think it will be very good quality :s

gpzDave

Wannabie Member
Sep 25, 2011
Fife, Scotland
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Triumph Speed Four & Honda FES125
Rendering the process of the computer saving all of your cut-up, edited video as one complete video file. If you want a small file size then .wmv is the one to go for.

Yup it takes forever, because it's HD!!! Loads and loads of pixels = loads and loads of bytes = loads and loads of time :)

BritishMotovlogger

Wannabie Member
Dec 9, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha YBR
gpzDave said:
Rendering the process of the computer saving all of your cut-up, edited video as one complete video file. If you want a small file size then .wmv is the one to go for.

Yup it takes forever, because it's HD!!! Loads and loads of pixels = loads and loads of bytes = loads and loads of time :)
Fair enough. .mpg is taking 90 minutes to upload to youtube so I think I will try .wmv next!

What does everyone else use for HD videos?

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
2018 Ducati Multistrada 1260S
I use premier whenever I can't get on Vegas.

I'm not a fan, but it does work.
Follow the instructions already posted in this thread for some of your problems, but it sounds like your computer could do with a boost if you're struggling with speed.

What are your specs like?

BritishMotovlogger

Wannabie Member
Dec 9, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha YBR
Friz said:
I use premier whenever I can't get on Vegas.

I'm not a fan, but it does work.
Follow the instructions already posted in this thread for some of your problems, but it sounds like your computer could do with a boost if you're struggling with speed.

What are your specs like?
which specs do you want? haha
MS Windows XP home 32-bit SP3
CPU:
Intel core duo E4600 @2.40 GHz
RAM:
2GB duel channel DDR2 @ 250MHz
Graphics:
256MB GeForce 8600 GT (which I have a feeling is on its way out tbh)

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
Ok, buy a new gpu, CPU, get 2gb more RAM and problem solved.

BritishMotovlogger

Wannabie Member
Dec 9, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha YBR
Friz said:
haha, thanks. I will put up with it being slow then

Thanks all for your help, and for doing so so quickly. Am trying the .mwv now

extreme601

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
I ride a
2011 Tiger 800
Friz is essentially right. RAM will help with the actual editing and how it handles your video files. CPU will be maxed out during rendering so the faster the better.

However these upgrades aren't absolutely essential, you can just get used to it taking a bit longer!

I render into MP4, best quality vs size ratio IMO.

BritishMotovlogger

Wannabie Member
Dec 9, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha YBR
mealexme said:
Friz said:
haha, thanks. I will put up with it being slow then

Thanks all for your help, and for doing so so quickly. Am trying the .mwv now
.WMV looks crap... I think its taking so long, also because of the things I have put in it, so I think I am going to do a short clip in premiere and then import it into videopad if I can, because that runs a lot smoother and faster because it is such a simpler editor. (premiere keeps skipping and pausing and being unresponsive. Its a proper version though, not a downloaded one) And then see if it will save them any faster, although I doubt it will...
I really should have looked into all of this before I started!

Bloke

Wannabie Member
Sep 28, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha XJ6-S Diversion
I always thought encoding was based on gpu not cpu at least it was back when I was turning dvd's into avi's at home. (probably 7 years ago)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

BritishMotovlogger

Wannabie Member
Dec 9, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha YBR
ok this really isnt working. 330mb. Is that a lot? Because its saying it will take 180 minutes to upload it onto youtube. I thought I was good with computers... What am I doing wrong? lol

Friz

HereComeDatFriz
Jul 23, 2011
Derby UK
I ride a
mealexme said:
ok this really isnt working. 330mb. Is that a lot? Because its saying it will take 180 minutes to upload it onto youtube. I thought I was good with computers... What am I doing wrong? lol

When I render my videos they're normally HDV720p at 30fps and about 10 minutes long. It comes out about 300-400mb depending on how much I've got going on. What sort of length and what settings are you using?

What internet connection have you got? Mine take about 30 minutes to upload at 300-400mb, but I've got a 10mb connection.

BritishMotovlogger

Wannabie Member
Dec 9, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha YBR
.wmv with a resolution of 1280x720 - HD 720p and a 24.00 [Film] frame rate according to videopad. It is between 7 and 8 minutes long. And download speed at the moment is 3.05mps and upload is 341kps

BritishMotovlogger

Wannabie Member
Dec 9, 2011
I ride a
Yamaha YBR
Friz said:
mealexme said:
upload is 341kps

That is why it'll take you so long to upload.

Everything else is spot on though.
So it is actually going to take me another 266 minutes? Rough calculation though. (I am tired so may be way out) 341kps. 3,410 would take 10 seconds. So 341,000 would be 1000 seconds would it not? and 1000 seconds is 16.6 minutes?
As I said, I'm tired, but do my maths stink, or should it only be taking quarter of an hour?

thermal

Wannabie Member
Jan 24, 2012
I ride a
VTR250
314 kilobits per second, not kilobytes. So it's about 30 kilobytes per second. 1.8MB per minute. 108MB per hour. These are all very rough, but you're tracking about right.

Ducman69

Wannabie Member
Jul 23, 2011
Houston, TX
www.youtube.com
I ride a
Suzuki VStrom
It depends on your version of Premiere, if hardware acceleration is enabled and working, your hardware, the bitrate, the codec, etc.

There are youtube tutorial videos you can search for your version of Premiere.

Personally, I use H.264 @ 30fps, 720p, progressive, pal, with 6mbps target bitrate 1 pass.

I believe there is also a H.264 Youtube HD preset, but I hadn't used it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts