Review A Year in Review | What was your favourite video of 2020?

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
So with 2020 coming to an end, I ask you all to post your favourite video you have made in the last 12 months. We may have already watched it, but if it is your pride and joy, am sure we can all give it a second viewing. Please only post one video, so choose wisely. New members can also post in this thread even if they have not reached the criteria to share their content under normal forum rules. Please don't just dump and leave, show each other some support by giving their work a view and if you've not already, give them a sub too. Please keep it all positive and pat each other on the back if you like, but no negative comments ta.
(if new members are unable to add a link, drop me a DM and we'll sort it) :)

Last edited:

Drakhen99

The Forrest Gump of Motovloggers
Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
Hey HippoDrone - you forgot to post YOUR favorite video!

Anyway, as soon as I read your post, I *knew* which one was my pride & joy... (since my OTHER pride & joy is sitting in the sidebar, I won't post that one).

This video took many hours just to get the intro special effect right, and I was super proud of it (so proud of getting the SE to work that I posted just that clip to my YT to share with friends and show off!). It's a really cool effect I haven't seen anyone else in the vlogging community do, and as a friend of mine put it, "dude, that intro was like yada yada MIC DROP! Love it!"

So, here it is:

Now let's see some more great videos!

-John

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
My most viewed video that I made in 2020 was a bike review, but it wasn't my favourite video.
The review is titled: "2020 Moto Guzzi V85TT "Travel" | Test Ride & First Impressions" and it has done quite well since sharing it at the end of October.
My favourite video, that I enjoyed recording and editing and watching the most was this though:

It is my favourite as it was the last time I took my Beta Alp 4.0 green laning before selling it, we did some of the lanes I like the most and I was out with some great mates.

Last edited:

Theodor

Don't wannabe
Nov 16, 2017
Estonia
I ride a
Valkyrie 1500
What's this then, youtube rewind in disguise?
I must say I had already seen most of the videos posted before me, so you all have chosen quality videos :p
I don't think I am especially proud of any of mine, from this season. But it has been an odd year alltogether anyway. I think this one had the best story:

Dewey316

Dewey|Rides
Oct 1, 2020
I ride a
BWM F800gs / DR650 / Honda CM450E
I only just started at the end of 2020, but this one seems to be getting views faster than others. It really was a last second thought to run down there and put a quick video together. Sadly, my favorite video by far of 2020, is scheduled to go live on youtube on Jan 8th of 2021, so I can't really share it.

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
2005 RC51, and a 2004 Honda CBR1000RR
For me, it was the first video on my Yellow Backpack Guy channel where I was able to get good quality sound on a motorvlog ride. It took me about a year of trying differnt combinations of video and audio devices, but this video really hit it off for me and got me excited about motorvlogging again. It was also featured one month on this site too! Thank you for that. : )

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
2019 Harley Street Glide Special, 2005 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic (bobber), 1979 Kawasaki KZ650SR
For me, it was the first video on my Yellow Backpack Guy channel where I was able to get good quality sound on a motorvlog ride. It took me about a year of trying differnt combinations of video and audio devices, but this video really hit it off for me and got me excited about motorvlogging again. It was also featured one month on this site too! Thank you for that. : )

That *IS* good audio, good job!

And yeah, it was probably featured before I joined the channel ;) Now nobody else gets a featured video anymore, bwahahahaha! :D (just kidding)

A year to get good audio? That would've killed my motivation completely and I would've sold my GoPro. I bet that struggle is worth a stiff drink and story time!

-John

• Haha
Reactions: YBGuy

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
Well, since I can't edit that post anymore... let me clarify - I meant "site" not "channel" ... dang bourbon!

Also, dude it's painful editing videos I shot before my newest mic placement... the audio is harsh and sometimes unintelligible. Luckily I've picked up a few tricks in Resolve to fix that ;)

Thankfully I only have 2 or 3 more videos in the "pre good mic placement" category that I haven't finished editing, and then it's all (relatively) clean audio moving forward!

-John

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
That *IS* good audio, good job!

And yeah, it was probably featured before I joined the channel ;) Now nobody else gets a featured video anymore, bwahahahaha! :D (just kidding)

A year to get good audio? That would've killed my motivation completely and I would've sold my GoPro. I bet that struggle is worth a stiff drink and story time!

-John

Thanks John.

Yes. The struggle was totally worth a drink and story time, hahaha!!!! It was an on and off battle of trying to get it to work. If you see my earlier videos from 2019, they are just tracked over with music. I live in a unique place where it gets really really windy sometimes. So it is a great battle ground for testing microphones. I have a new video coming up later today that tests another microphone that I orignally learned about on here on Motovloog.com from Motosera. Thanks Motosera for suggesting this Mic! It was fun to test.

It's a pretty good microphone once you set the sound channels correctly in post production since it's only a mono mic.

--YBG

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
Well, since I can't edit that post anymore... let me clarify - I meant "site" not "channel" ... dang bourbon!

Also, dude it's painful editing videos I shot before my newest mic placement... the audio is harsh and sometimes unintelligible. Luckily I've picked up a few tricks in Resolve to fix that ;)

Thankfully I only have 2 or 3 more videos in the "pre good mic placement" category that I haven't finished editing, and then it's all (relatively) clean audio moving forward!

-John
In the case of painful audio. I just track over with music where I can! If it's a how-to, demo or unboxing, I could see that being harder to track over. You could also do it in post production with a voice over too as an option.

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
Oh, that's a good idea - wish I would've thought of it, haha! Oh well, video is posted/detailed/scheduled, so it is what it is, I don't want to go back and fix it.

FWIW, it was really pretty easy in Resolve to get the audio usable - just edited as best I could, then went into Fairlight and added Noise Reduction (De-hiss & De-hum) and Vocal Channel effects, then played around with the VC settings until I got it OK, then went back to the Edit page and set the "Learn Toggle" to CHECKED for the voice track and played back the whole video. Then I rendered and it came out pretty good.

Sure, it took maybe an hour to figure out the basics and tweak stuff, but in the end it worked out OK and I saved the settings as Presets so I can just drag & drop in the future :D

I'll check out some more of your vids, and I always look forward to moto vlog gear reviews :D
-John

YBGuy

Yellow Backpack Guy
Aug 14, 2020
San Francisco Bay Area
ybguy.com
I ride a
Oh, that's a good idea - wish I would've thought of it, haha! Oh well, video is posted/detailed/scheduled, so it is what it is, I don't want to go back and fix it.

FWIW, it was really pretty easy in Resolve to get the audio usable - just edited as best I could, then went into Fairlight and added Noise Reduction (De-hiss & De-hum) and Vocal Channel effects, then played around with the VC settings until I got it OK, then went back to the Edit page and set the "Learn Toggle" to CHECKED for the voice track and played back the whole video. Then I rendered and it came out pretty good.

Sure, it took maybe an hour to figure out the basics and tweak stuff, but in the end it worked out OK and I saved the settings as Presets so I can just drag & drop in the future :D

I'll check out some more of your vids, and I always look forward to moto vlog gear reviews :D
-John
Nice! Sounds like you have your software suite features down to a science John! And yep, yep, I am always looking forward to new videos. : )

And thanks for checking out my videos when you get a chance! :)

--YBG

Reactions: Drakhen99

Drakhen99

Aug 31, 2020
road-reality.com
I ride a
Nice! Sounds like you have your software suite features down to a science John! And yep, yep, I am always looking forward to new videos. : )

And thanks for checking out my videos when you get a chance! :)

--YBG

It's an art... that requires practice... not a science! I am by no means an expert, but I get an idea in my head and just have to figure out how to execute!

Got some of your vids in queue, brother! :D

-John

Meifesto

Semi-Suicidal Dutchie
Jan 5, 2013
The Netherlands
I ride a
Yamaha XT660R
I have been looking at my video's for a good few minutes now...
No idea what my favourite video is...

The favourite day would be probably the Kawasaki Day we had. But those are multiple video's.
Favourite experience would be the offroad day, zandtoertocht.
Favourite bike i rode (other than my own) would be the Rieju weirdly enough.
Edit i did enjoy most might be "Recreational Activities" i think...

I just don't know xD

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts