Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
You know it'll go tits up again. The trouble is de-monetised videos are not promoted and neither are videos that have not been monetised in the first place so we have to click the monetisation button if we want our channels to grow even though our smaller channels will never really see any money from doing so. It is stacked up against us.... just gotta keep swimming!

Reactions: R-Rated

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
You know it'll go tits up again. The trouble is de-monetised videos are not promoted and neither are videos that have not been monetised in the first place so we have to click the monetisation button if we want our channels to grow even though our smaller channels will never really see any money from doing so. It is stacked up against us.... just gotta keep swimming!

Yep...
hqdefault.jpg

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Again it is in Google's (or YouTube's) best interest in doing what they do.. If I was them, honestly I would be doing the same. We have to step back and understand that this is a business for them, and they need to be making profit, profit comes from advertising/advertisers. If advertisers are not happy with the video content that their ads are running on, they will put out and profits will go down the drain.

YouTube gives us a platform to share our content for free, we don't pay them (unless you use their paid promos which is entirely different aspect), they let us post whatever we like to. In fact, they pay us (even though just a tiny fraction) if they run ads on our vids. So really, I don't see why they don't have the authority to decide which vids are OK to put ads on and which are not.

From our end, we just need to make sure we don't put out hate videos, or violence, or gore, etc. Try to mind our language, use proper titles and descriptions. Avoid click-baiting, trolling in comment replies, etc.

I'm not sure how the effect is on channel growth.

R-Rated

Remember to Have Fun! - Solar Bear 2020 Champion
Aug 4, 2016
Middle Tennessee USA
www.R-RatedCustoms.com
I ride a
2014 Harley Davidson (FLHTK) Ultra Limited
Again it is in Google's (or YouTube's) best interest in doing what they do.. If I was them, honestly I would be doing the same. We have to step back and understand that this is a business for them, and they need to be making profit, profit comes from advertising/advertisers. If advertisers are not happy with the video content that their ads are running on, they will put out and profits will go down the drain.

YouTube gives us a platform to share our content for free, we don't pay them (unless you use their paid promos which is entirely different aspect), they let us post whatever we like to. In fact, they pay us (even though just a tiny fraction) if they run ads on our vids. So really, I don't see why they don't have the authority to decide which vids are OK to put ads on and which are not.

From our end, we just need to make sure we don't put out hate videos, or violence, or gore, etc. Try to mind our language, use proper titles and descriptions. Avoid click-baiting, trolling in comment replies, etc.

I'm not sure how the effect is on channel growth.

You have some good points but what we are running into is the mysterious yellow warning coming out at random intervals. How is it possible for the algorithm for copyrighted music to hit nearly as soon as you upload and you receive notification but this mess hits without warning and can hit at any point long the way for seemingly no real reason.

Perhaps we are the beta test?

Reactions: HippoDrone

HippoDrone

Admin
Jan 2, 2017
West Sussex, UK
I ride a
1984 Honda CB100-N
2012 Moto Guzzi V7
2017 Suzuki GSX-R750
2020 Beta 390RR
2022 Aprilia Tuareg 660
The "Beta" testing thing seems to be what we have to put up with these days, certainly with games and mobile phones!

Undead MV

If there is light, there shall be dark
Oct 9, 2017
Mexico City
I ride a
Bajaj Avenger Street 220
I do not see myself living of YT's royalties, I do motovlogging because i like it, if one of my videos gets viralized it would be great but i really know that the probabilities are close to zero, YT intention is good to try to clean up its content. Althought is like killing a few cockroaches leanning out the door, while there are people feeding them from the inside.

Reactions: R-Rated

SighBored

@thesighbored
Jan 18, 2015
Malaysia
www.thesighbored.com
I ride a
2012 Kawasaki ZX-6R
You have some good points but what we are running into is the mysterious yellow warning coming out at random intervals. How is it possible for the algorithm for copyrighted music to hit nearly as soon as you upload and you receive notification but this mess hits without warning and can hit at any point long the way for seemingly no real reason.

Perhaps we are the beta test?
It's true that sometimes they flag or copyright claim quite unexpectedly.. I believe their concept is, better to make a wrong flag/claim and have you dispute it, than letting them slip pass.. Why? It's safer for them that way because even some similar or totally non-related content gets flagged so the chances of legit copyright infringement happening is much unlikely to happen. Once you dispute and they see it's a mistake they can just remove the flag/claim and close case, rather than deal with a legit lawsuit for copyright violation from the big companies.

Winners Video

Website Supported by Ipswich SEO

Latest posts