10c pro any good?

2WA

Wannabie Member
Apr 6, 2019
I ride a
2019 YZF-R3
So I am just looking to get started, i have my youtube set up with nothing on it so now I need to set up a helmet. I am looking at just getting the 10c pro and using it as a one and done unit for a while since I am just starting out and I don't like the idea of hanging a gopro from my chin bar at this time.

I have seen alot of talk about the old 10c but not much on the pro outside of some basic camera demos and a few videos of people complaining about it. Anyone here use one as their primary camera?

Chris_SVS

Now Chris_MT09
Aug 12, 2017
Northern Ireland
I ride a
2015 Yamaha MT09 Tracer
I had a 10c for about a year. At the start it was great as I commuted and got a couple days worth out of the battery, but over time the battery degraded to around 50mins record time (720p) I opened it and sourced + fitted a replacement battery which improved things a little.

Now, as far as I can tell the 10C pro is much the same unit/battery with a 1080p cmos which given my experience of the 10c, I will happily claim it's quite a poor product.

I'm now using a Ghost X or 4K depending on how long I'll be on the bike for and a separate Cardo Freecom4 for intercom. I run the Ghosts with extended batteries so the X is pushing close to 8hrs at 1080/30..

Doesn't compare in size terms and the Sena can be charged easier while in use (the ghosts require a daft splitter cable) but it's a superior setup.

2WA

Wannabie Member
Apr 6, 2019
I ride a
2019 YZF-R3
Well I wound up getting one anyways and while I am happy with the audio and video quality I have noticed the short battery life already after just a few days riding. I think I am going to look into a portable charging brick to keep with me.

As soon as i figure out a better speaker placement as the ones with the kit don't perfectly fir the RF-1200 speaker cut outs I'll be good!

Reactions: HippoDrone